Minimum Recommended Specs & Hardware
- A PC or laptop running Windows or Mac OS.
- Mobile devices such as smartphones or iPads, and Chromebooks are not able to run Roblox Studio at this time.
- For the best performance, we recommend either a computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card, or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
- For more information go to: Roblox System Requirements
- A 3-button mouse with a scroll wheel.
Downloading Roblox Studio
- Roblox Studio, available for both PC and Mac, is the essential building tool for Roblox games. If you haven’t yet installed it, please do so first.
- Run the downloaded file.
- If prompted, allow Roblox Studio to make changes to your computer and to communicate through your firewall.
- Click on the Roblox Studio Icon.
- Login or click Sign up if you do not already have an account.
Creating an Account
If you don’t have a Roblox account, follow these steps:
- Click Sign Up
- Enter your birthday.
- Select a username. Red writing will appear if the name is already taken.
- Choose your password.
- Select a gender.
- When finished, click Sign Up. Once confirmed, return to Roblox Studio, type the username and password you just created, and click Log In.
Creating New Accounts
Network Connection Guide
If your network uses a firewall or server proxies, please make sure to whitelist all of the Roblox web domain. Click here for a list of all the URL’s to whitelist.
Which ports are used by Roblox depends upon your computer’s operating system. The port range is currently UDP 49152 - 65535, opening these ports open should allow Roblox to connect to your router properly. For more help, see the following support pages:
These documents are licensed by Roblox Corporation under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Roblox, Powering Imagination, and Robux are trademarks of Roblox Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries.