|Lesson Time||Approx 5 - 10 minutes|
|Learning Objectives|| Students should be able to state:
Digital citizenship is behaving in a responsible and respectful manner, just as one would in real life. Roblox requires that all members of it’s community be good digital citizens.
The Roblox Community Rules state you should always be:
- Understanding of our differences
The strength of our community comes from its diversity. Focus on working together to resolve issues and learning from mistakes.
Discussion Topic - Working Together »
While students build their games, they will be collaborating and giving each other feedback. Before logging on to Roblox, have a conversation about respectful behavior and digital citizenship. Allow the students to lead the discussion by asking for examples of respectful and disrespectful behavior as well as how those examples made them feel.
- What are things you shouldn’t do when playing online?
- What’s the difference between providing feedback on somebody’s work vs putting them down?
- What are things you should do when testing a friend’s game?
- Has anyone ever asked for help on something in real life or in a game? What happened and how did that make them feel?
Digital citizenship isn’t just about being respectful, it’s also about being safe. Don’t share personal information online and never give out your Roblox account information. We hate to tell you, but there’s no such thing as free Robux. There are however people looking to steal your information.
Personal information includes:
- Where you live
- Contact or social media info(Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram)
- Roblox account information.
Reporting Inappropriate Behavior
As you play online, you may see other people who are not being great digital citizens. Don’t talk to these people. Instead, report them to Roblox. When encountering bullies:
- Report inappropriate behavior
- Block them
- Ignore them
- Be kind to the people being bullied
- Talk to them
- Argue with them
- Let them get to you
Bullies want to get a reaction. Don’t give it to them.
Teaching Tip - Setting Expectations »
Explain to the class what your specific expectations are for dealing with inappropriate behavior, what the consequences will be for disrespectful behavior.
These documents are licensed by Roblox Corporation under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Roblox, Powering Imagination, and Robux are trademarks of Roblox Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries.