Winter Coding Challenge
Additional Languages »
Welcome to Your Library
In Roblox Story Games, words are going missing and it’s up to players to fill in the blanks! Participate in the Hour of Code™ by coding your own story game using Roblox’s free coding and design tools. Prove your coding knowledge to earn exclusive badges and avatar items.
Play the video below to see the library you’ll be working in and the game in action.
Your Coding Journey
You’ll create your story game by going through three different lessons. Each lesson will have instructions teaching you how to code your game from start to finish.
After finishing a lesson, you’ll get the chance to earn prizes by playing a quiz game on Roblox. After earning the prize, come back and continue the next lesson.
Getting Roblox Studio Ready
Roblox Studio is used to make every game you see on Roblox. If you already have Roblox Studio installed, login and click the Next button at the bottom of this page.
- Download and install Roblox Studio.
- After installing, double-click the desktop icon (Windows) or click the dock icon (Mac).
- On the login screen, enter your Roblox username and password, then click Log In.
Creating a New Account »
If you’re completely new to Roblox, sign up and remember these safety tips:
- Never share your password, even with a real life friend.
- Make your password hard to guess — If your username is “bloxcool,” your password should not be “bloxcool123.”
- Roblox employees will never ask for your password — Report anyone who asks using the Report Abuse feature.
- There’s no such thing as free Robux — Never trust players or sites who say they have a secret way to get free Robux!
For more tips, please see Keeping Your Account Safe.
The Hour of Code™ is a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming.
Next Writing the Story