To work correctly in a race, the driftspeeder can only have one body. But, it can have as many wings and other parts as you’d like.
Before adding wings, set rotate snapping to make it easier to position your wings. Snapping rotates parts a set amount a time.
- In the Model tab, find the Snap to Grid section.
- Make sure Rotate is checked.
- Next to Rotate, type in 45. If it's already 45, go to the next step.
Place the First Wing
- Click a wing from the second section of the scrapyard. Then, use the Move tool to drag it into the work area.
Trouble Moving the Wing? »
Check in the Model tab that Collisions and Move snapping are turned off.
- To rotate the wing, select the Rotate tool and drag the handles. Each handle rotates in a different direction.
Rotate Quickly with a Hotkey
To rotate an object 90 degrees, select that part and press Ctrl+R or ⌘+R.
- To resize the wing, select the Scale tool and drag the handles to a desired size.
- If you want, use the matching wing on the scrapyard for the other side of the driftspeeder.
Keep the Driftspeeder in the Work Area
Make sure the speeder can fit through the canyon while racing, by keeping all of the parts within the blue lines.
Previous Take the Challenge! Next Duplicate and Design