Creating animations is like posing an action figure. For this tutorial, you’ll create two poses. When the game runs, Roblox Studio will connect the poses together to create an animation.
Set Up the Animation Editor
The poses and the final animation will be created using the Animation Editor.
- To find the Animation Editor, select the Plugins tab.
- Click on the Animation Editor.
- Next, you need a character to animate. On the pedestal, one has already been set up for you. Select the figure on top.
Preparing To Pose
Before creating the poses, make it easier to pose figures by changing a program setting and then position the camera.
- In the Model tab, find the Snap to Grid section. Make sure Rotate and Move are not checked.
- Using the camera controls, move the camera to get a good view of the part you want to animate. When moving, hold Shift to slow down camera movements.
|Move||W A S D|
|Rotate||Hold the right mouse button and look around|
|Zoom||Use the scroll wheel|
|Focus||Press F to focus the camera on a specific part|
Can't Move the Camera? »
If the camera doesn’t move when you press W A S D, click somewhere inside the game world.
Previous Test the Game Next Create the First Pose