Install Roblox Studio
Roblox Studio, available for both Windows and Mac, is the essential building tool for Roblox games. It’s free to use and does not require you to purchase a license.
The following system OS/hardware will ensure Roblox Studio runs smoothly:
- A PC or Mac computer running at least Windows 7 or macOS 10.10 (Roblox Studio cannot run on Linux, Chromebooks, or mobile devices such as smartphones).
- At least 1 GB of system memory.
- Internet access. This keeps the software up-to-date and lets you save projects to your Roblox account.
In addition, the following hardware will enhance your Studio experience:
- A 2-button mouse with a scroll wheel.
- A dedicated video card (not an integrated card).
Launch Roblox Studio
Once you’ve installed Studio, double-click the desktop icon (Windows) or click the dock icon (Mac).
When you reach the login screen, enter your Roblox username and password, then click Log In.
Creating a New Account »
If you’re completely new to Roblox, sign up and remember these safety tips:
- Never share your password, even with a real life friend.
- Make your password hard to guess — If your username is “bloxcool,” your password should not be “bloxcool123.”
- Roblox employees will never ask for your password — Report anyone who asks using the Report Abuse feature.
- There’s no such thing as free Robux — Never trust players or sites who say they have a secret way to get free Robux!
For more tips, please see Keeping Your Account Safe.
Close Extra Windows
To make more room to view your game world, close a few windows which won’t be needed initially:
- Close the Tutorials window.
- Close the Toolbox window