WalkToPart is a reference to a part that the Humanoid is trying to reach. This property is normally set when a part is passed as the 2nd argument of the Humanoid’s
When WalkToPart is set and a humanoid is actively trying to reach the part, it will keep updating its Vector3 goal to be the position of the part, plus the
Humanoid/WalkToPoint translated in object space relative to the rotation of the part.
This can be described in Lua as:
goal = humanoid.WalkToPart.CFrame:pointToObjectSpace(humanoid.WalkToPoint)
- Setting the value of WalkToPart isn’t sufficient enough to make a humanoid start following a part.
- The Humanoid is prompted to start attempting to reach a goal when the value of WalkToPoint is changed.
- This may be changed in the future.
- The reach goal state of a humanoid will timeout after 8 seconds if it doesn’t reach its goal.
- This is done so that NPCs won’t get stuck waiting for
- If you don’t want this to happen, you should repeatedly call MoveTo so that the timeout will keep resetting.