The ambient sound environment preset used by
Enum/ReverbType this property simulates a range of different environment’s impact on sound. Each different option corresponds with a preset available in the FMOD sound engine. For example, when AmbientReverb is set to Hangar, the sound will reverberate differently to simulate being in a large enclosed space.
Changing the AmbientReverb effects the following properties used by Roblox’s sound engine.
- Reverberation decay time
- Initial reflection delay time
- Late reverberation delay time relative to initial reflection
- Reference high frequency
- High-frequency to mid-frequency decay time ratio
- Value that controls the echo density in the late reverberation decay
- Value that controls the modal density in the late reverberation decay
- Reference low frequency
- Relative room effect level at low frequencies
- Relative room effect level at high frequencies
- Early reflections level relative to room effect
- Room effect level at mid frequencies
Those interested in finding more out about ambient reverb presets should see the FMOD documentation on the topic. For most developers however, the
Enum/ReverbType names are descriptive enough to be able to use this setting without advanced knowledge.
Dynamic Reverb System
The code in this sample, when ran from a
LocalScript, will change the
SoundService/AmbientReverb property of
SoundService when the player is inside a
BasePart tagged using
To add or remove tags and reverb types, change the entries in the ‘reverbTags’ table.