Player property sets what mode that the player’s camera is in. By default, the camera mode is set to third person.
The camera has two modes:
- First person
- Third person
Enum/CameraMode Enum is used to set CameraMode in Player, and determines when first and third person cameras should be used.
In first-person mode, the player’s camera is zoomed all the way in. Unless there is a visible GUI present with the
/GuiButton/Modal property set to true, the mouse will be locked and the user’s camera will turn as the mouse moves.
In third-person mode, the character can be seen in the camera. While in third-person mode on Roblox:
- You may right-click and drag to rotate your camera, or use the arrow keys at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- When you move your mouse, your camera does not change (unless you move the mouse to the end of the screen).
- When you press any of the arrow keys, the user’s character will face in the corresponding arrow key’s direction.
- You can zoom in and out freely.
Third-person is the default camera setting.
- This item should be used in a
LocalScriptto work as expected online.
Playing in Third Person
This example demonstrates how to change the character’s CameraMode to third person using the Classic value of the
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer player.CameraMode = Enum.CameraMode.Classic
Playing in First Person
This example demonstrates how to change the character’s CameraMode to first person using the LockFirstPerson value of the