This item is not replicated across Roblox’s server/client boundary.
This property can only be read from. Attempting to write to it will cause an error.
FloorMaterial is a read-only property that describes what type of Material the Humanoid is currently standing on.
It works with both regular parts and terrain voxels.
- When the Humanoid is not standing on a floor, the value of this property will be set to Air.
- This occurs because Enum properties cannot have an empty value.
- This can cause some confusion if a part has its material is set to Air, though in practice, parts are not supposed to use that material in the first place.
- The Humanoid’s character model must be able to collide with the floor, or else it will not be detected.
- You cannot test if the Humanoid is swimming with this property. You should instead use the Humanoid’s GetState function.